Wednesday 18 June 2014

#RYBSAT Day 2

Pages Read: 428
Books Finished: 1 – The Book Thief

Total Books Finished: 2 – On Beauty, The Book Thief
Total Pages Read: 763

As I said yesterday, I had a full day at work today, but a lot of time on the bus. In those bus journeys, I managed to read over 200 pages, which I was pretty happy with. I flew through The Book Thief (full review to follow), and I’d have to say that it is the kind of book which is perfect for a read-a-thon. Lots of short chapters are really good motivators to read (not that you need any extra motivation with this book), and the character voice was so unique that it was really enjoyable and easy to get swept along with. In total I read 417 pages of The Book Thief.

Before I went to bed, I picked up my next book – The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. I’ve slightly bent the rules for this book. It was on my TBR shelf, but it was further down the line. However, it was lent to me by my grandma a while back, so I thought I should boost it up there. It’s only 381 pages long, so judging by my pace I should finish that in day 3. If not, once again it’s got short chapters, so if I’m finding it slow there are plenty of places to pause and pick up a different book (which will be Tigers In Red Weather). I only read 11 pages (the first chapter) before my eyes started feeling it! I’m up to page 22 (it started on 11).


Tomorrow I’ve got another shift at work (although this is the same as Monday, so it’s not a super long shift and leaves me with all of the morning and all of the evening to read). I’ll also try to tweet my progress @VickiMaitland and I’ll be using and following the #RYBSAT tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment