Wednesday 27 August 2014

Beauty: Evening Look #2 (My Take on Tanya Burr's Birthday Look)

For the past couple of months I’ve been trying to upload my take on Tanya Burr’s Birthday Look, but each time something manages to stop me. First the picture quality was awful, then I lost the typed-out information and now I’ve managed to break the SD card with the new pictures on them. Mare of a time. But I still really want to show my take on it, as I think it’s a fab look which works really well day to night at this time of the year. I won’t be able to show step by step images, but I will show you the products I used and the end result.

Products (Clockwise from top):


E.L.F Lash Extending Mascara in Black; Elf Liquid Eyeliner in Black; Marks and Spencer Limited Collection Blusher in Cinnamon; Estee Lauder Lipstick in Pink Champagne; Miss Sporty Cream Eyegloss in Sunset; E.L.F Eyeshadow Palate (used second in from the top row – a shimmery rose colour (for eyelids), fourth in on the middle row – a dark purple (for crease), and five in on the middle row – a dark grey (for filling brows)); E.L.F Pressed Powder in Buff; B.Radient Under Eye Concealer in Light/Medium.

I chose not to use foundation for this look to keep it light on my skin, but I added blush to give my face a bit of dimension. I used the Eyegloss all over mid lid, then layered the E.L.F shadows on top. I find if I put the Eyegloss on first then the pink from the shadow really pop. Using the Eyegloss means I can’t use the cream eyeliner (which I prefer as a look with this make-up as it’s softer than the liquid liner, but the two creams together smear all over the lid after a couple of hours), so I used a thin line of liquid liner with a small flick at the corner.


Here’s the look midway through the night (hopefully you can see the eye make-up here):




And here’s a full face cheesy grin shot:





I wore this make-up look for a lunch and an evening of cocktails with some of my best friends. It stayed really well all night, and wasn’t too heavy on my face. It is a great transition from lunch to evening, and was perfect for a slightly more dressy evening out. My take on this look uses lower end products than Tanya's, but all the products (barring the lipstick) are cruelty free. 

The photo's taken on the night out are by Hazel Soper. You can check out some of her (amazing) art work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment