Monday 22 December 2014

Blogmas 22: Tea!

Running the risk that this might be a little too stereotypically British, but today I'd like to have a chat about tea.

I love tea.

I pretty much always have a bag or two on me - tucked into my pencil case or my purse - which might sound a little ridiculous, but a cup of tea can often cost upwards of £1.50, where-as hot water is either significantly less or free.

As I've developed a little bit of a cold (again! I've had bad luck this winter) I'm drinking tea by the gallon. Slightly controversially, I don't really like builder's tea. Black tea is alright, but I've gone off milk, and whilst it is nice with a slice of lemon I much prefer herbal and green teas.

My favourite brand is Pukka, so I thought I'd tell you about all the ones I've tried. They retail for £2.40 for a box of 20, which is a little bit pricey. I normally buy them on offer for £2 each, and they are really worth the money. They taste so much nicer than other herbal teas I've tried - mostly thanks to the addition of licorice (as far as I can tell) which gives them a really sweet aftertaste.

Clean Green - As you can guess, this is Pukka's green tea (with lemon!). It is delicous, not bitter at all like most other green teas, and I have a cup every morning to kick start my day. Green tea has loads of health benefits too, as well as a low dose of caffeine.

Serene Green - Another green tea, this time with lavender and jasmine. I liked it, but not as much as the clean green version.

Night Time - With a blend of oat flower, lavender and chamomile this is the perfect drink to send you off to sleep. I drink one every night and it is so soothing.

Cleanse - This tea claims to have skin cleansing properties, but I don't notice any difference when I drink it! Peppermint and Nettle flavoured, it's lovely to drink after meals. I've actually swapped this tea out for the...

Peppermint and Licorice - This tea has a much minty-er flavour than the Cleanse tea, and a sweeter aftertaste too. Delicious.

Three Cinnamon - This tea is what it says on the packet, and is the perfect Autumnal drink. I love dunking malted milk biscuits in.

Detox - I got this aniseed and fennel tea because I thought it would be good to drink after a night out. It's my least favourite out of the ones I've tried, mostly because it doesn't really have much of a taste.

Original Chai - I don't often drink black tea, but when I do it's this. Either just with water, or into hot milk to make a chai latte, this tea is very festive!

Have you tried any of these tea's? Let me know by tweeting me @VickiMaitland or leaving a comment below!




No comments:

Post a Comment