Sunday 21 December 2014

Blogmas 21: Fashion Sense

I've never really considered myself a stylish person. Always slightly gawky, and a little uncomfortable, I've never been up on the latest trends. Nevertheless, the other day a friend told me I always dress nicely. So, what's changed?

I still wouldn't call myself stylish, but I think I'm more style conscious than I used to be. I experiment more with clothes, and I think I've figured out what does and doesn't suit me. I look closer at what other people wear and think: does that look good on them? Why? Would it look good on me?

But most importantly I'm more confident than I used to be. Not only with my body, but in my mind I'm more self-assured. And that has been a huge learning curve for me.

I don't really know what I'm trying to say with this post. I think I just wanted to examine what gives me the right to post outfit-of-the-day pictures. And I think it's not because I think I'm the most fashionable and want everyone to copy my style, but rather because I think I look good in something, and other people might agree nor they may not, but either way they can go through that same thought process that I do when I look at someone else's outfit.

Tomorrow's post will be about tea, so get your bags brewing ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment