Tuesday 30 December 2014

#reviewsdaytuesday: B. Skincare

To complete my two part look into the B. product range here is my review of some of their skincare products! If you missed my cosmetics review post you can find that here.



Glycolic Cleansing Peel. This face mask works wonders. You apply a small amount (about the size of a large pea) all over your face, leave for three minutes then wash off using the muslin cloth supplied. It has a really milky consistency, leaves my skin feeling really fresh. It is a peel in the sense that the glycolic acid strips a layer of your skin off rather than a mask that you peel off. I probably use it twice a week, and although the product suggests using it in the evening I often use it in the morning and don't notice a difference in results. It says its suitable for combination, dry and oily skin, which I would agree with.

Micellar Water. I've heard loads about these new micellar water products that every makeup company is bringing out. I don't think its the miracle product that everyone is saying it is, but it does a good job on  lazy day when I can't be bothered to take off my make-up, cleanse and tone. I don't think it does an amazing job of breaking down eye-make-up, in particular my waterproof mascara, so I normally remove that with a separate product before using this one. When i run out of my current toner I'll probably use this instead.

Exfoliating Cleanser. I wouldn't necessarily call this product and exfoliant. Even though it does have microbeads in it, the formula is so milky that it doesn't feel very abrasive - which is great if you have sensitive skin. The most exfoliating aspect of this product is probably the salicylic acid, which is meant to unblock pores. I've been loving it, and the longer I've used it the happier I've been - and since I was looking for a two in one exfoliant and cleanser to use in the shower in the mornings this one fit the bill nicely. My housemate gave this product a try out and loved it so much she couldn't stop!

Night Serum. I got this in skin phase one - for use in your twenties and thirties. I'd wanted to try a night serum for a while, so when I saw this was half price I picked it up. It applies really well, it soaks in pretty quickly and doesn't sit on the skin, and when I wake up in the morning the skin still feels moisturised. I'm pretty happy with it so far!

I'm really looking forward to trying more B. products as they grow as a company and start to expand their range. If you've tried any B. products, let me know by tweeting me @VickiMaitland or leaving a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment