Tuesday 24 February 2015

#reviewsdaytuesday: TopShop Concealer Pallette

I've already done a mini-review of this product in my EssieButton inspired everyday make-up post, but I thought I'd go more into depth now that I've been using it for a while.



I got this concealer pallette around Christmas (I can't remember if it was just before or just after, but I was using it by New Years Eve). As you can see, I hit pad pretty quickly, which I think is disappointing for a £12 product. 

I really like the three tones this pallette provides. The yellow tone is pretty good for neutralising dark under eye circles, the light peach tone is great for brightening the under eye area and the darker pink is good at covering red-toned blemishes or pigmentation (particularly around the nose). I have light/olive toned skin (I'm normally a light/medium in the winter, medium in the summer), so the colours provided worked really well for me. It has a creamy formula which means it applies really easily with the fingers (I normally blend it out with a brush afterwards).


My biggest issue with the pallette is its staying power. Because the formula is so creamy (which is great for application) it just slides off the face - no matter how much primer I put on or if I set my make-up with a fixing spray. It creases really easily so it can sometimes look cakey and make me appear more tired-eyed than before!

I don't really see the point of the translucent powder they provide. I don't have a powder brush small enough to get the product from the pallette onto my face, and since I use a pressed powder to set everything anyway it didn't serve any purpose for me.

I probably won't be re-purchasing this pallette - although I'm not adverse to trying TopShop's Concealer (I might grab it in the summer when my skin is a couple of shades darker though, as their lightest shade in't light enough for my under eye area, although it would work as a spot cover-up).


TopShop Beauty is a cruelty free brand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment