Friday 8 May 2015

Spring Everyday Make-up Look

In spring I really like to strip back my make-up. As much as I love deep autumnal colours, something about spring makes me want to go barefaced into the world, with rosy cheeks, clean eyes, and neutral lips.



I've been wearing this look for the past couple of weeks and I love how neutral it is. It's the kind of make-up which would compliment any skin tone, and it looks really fresh and natural. It's almost no-make-up make-up.


 First things first, moisturise. I bought this B. Ready cream when I finally used up the last of my Olay Daily Fluid. I'm not in love with it as feels a little heavy on my skin, but it soaks in pretty well and definitely leaves me feeling hydrated.



 I've been using this B. Rescued Engergising Balm after I picked it up on a whim. I wouldn't say I've noticed a huge difference in my skin, but it is a pretty good daily primer.



 This is the Collection Long Lasting Concealer in the shade 02 Medium/Light. I use it under my eyes, on my lids, and around my nose. It is pretty much my exact skin tone, so it doesn't lighten anything up but it does a great job of neutralising redness. I've said it before, but I can't find any evidence which says if Collection is a cruelty free brand or not.



 I set everything with this e.l.f Pressed Powder in Buff. This is technically my summer shade, but it was so beautiful in April that I tanned!



 I have been loving this e.l.f Cream Blush in Flirty. It gives a beautiful pink glow!



 I sometimes like to add a little bronzer, so the middle shade in Barry M Flawless Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit if perfect for me.




 This is TopShops Smokey Eye pallette in Golden Aurora. It was a winter favourite for me and I've brought it back for the spring. I apply the top champagne pink shade all over my lid, in the inner corners of my eyes, and under my brow bone, then I add a little contour with the satin taupe shade.



 I'm still trying to decide how I feel about this M&S Limited Collection All-in-One Mascara. I love the length it gives me, but sometimes it gets really clumpy and the wear isn't great - it's almost a little gritty when it dries.
I use the middle shade when filling my brows.
 For everyday I don't bother to fill my brows (it looks too heavy with this make-up look), so I just use the brow gel to set and shape my brows.


I've managed to lose this in the day between taking the photos and writing this!


 I layer two colours on my lip - e.l.f Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Sangria Starters and Barry M Cor Balmy in Rosie Lea. Because these are both balmy products they don't last very long, so I carry them around with me to top up throughout the day.


 Here's the finished look!



Tag me on Instagram in your everyday spring make-up look, or tweet me a picture (both @VickiMaitland)!

No comments:

Post a Comment