Friday 5 June 2015

Books at Uni

The other day I packed up all of my books that I'd brought to university into one big suitcase. Ages ago my sister requested I write a post about the books that I'd brought to uni, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to do just that.


As a literature student it was unthinkable for me to not bring any books along to uni. With that in mind I decided take a few favourites with me for some light reading in my down time (namely The Fault In Our Stars by John Green and NW by Zadie Smith - both of which I adore). I also brought a few theory books I thought might be useful, Stephen Fry's The Ode Less Traveled, and Writing Down The Bones by Natalie Goldberg.

In hindsight, although I've flicked through the theory books and read sections of the other two, I needn't have brought anything along with me. Unsurprisingly, as a literature student I was a touch busy reading books required for my course!

I'm still glad I brought some books from home with me, though. It made my room feel a little more homely in the first few weeks of term, and it was always comforting to see familiar books - like old friends.

What books did you take with you to uni? Did you ever have a chance to read them? Or, like mine, did they just smile from your shelf gathering dust? Tweet me @VickiMaitland, tag me in an instagram pic of your favourite books, or leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment