Tuesday 22 September 2015

Introducing BookTober

Today's post was originally going to be my two current favourite Autumn make-up looks, but I'm currently on holiday and have found I've left some of my makeup at home! So I'm doing a swap around and that post will come next week, so I can introduce BookTober a week early!

I'm planning on reading a lot over the next few weeks, as I really need to kick me TBR pile. To help that, I've set myself some reading goals for the month. I've deliberately created them with certain books in mind, but I've allowed myself some overlap in case I find myself struggling for time.

1) A book written by a non-white author.
2) A book written by a woman.
3) A Man Booker book (past or present).
4) A play.
5) A book that's been on my TBR for over a year.
6) A non-fiction book.
7) A book I've been gifted.
8) The first in a series.

I'm also planning on reading a poem a day, with the view of maybe completing a small collection of poetry.

What does all of this mean for you? Well, over the next month I'm going to come good on all of my promised book reviews plus some extra, so there will be at least one book-review-style post a week. I also want to post at least one bookish discussion post, so you can look out for that! I've already said I'm going to post my Autumn make-up look next week, but I've also got an Autumn wardrobe edit lined up. This means that there's likely to be two posts a week! (I know, I'm as tentative as you are!)

I'm really looking forward to BookTober! Let me know if you decide to join me on my bookish quest! You can use the goals I've created, or create your own. The real goal is to kick my TBR pile down a few pegs!

No comments:

Post a Comment