Saturday 12 December 2015

Blogmas 12: Festive Face (for Under £20!)


The holiday period can often (read:always) be an expensive time. There's presents to buy and wrap, food to get in, and always countless parties and get-togethers. If you're like me, you'll want to spruce up your everyday look, but without breaking the bank. 

My entire make-up look cost me £19. Considering my everyday mascara is £19 by itself, I think that is pretty good going!

All of the products here are by e.l.f - possibly the cheapest cruelty free brand out there. The only things I've not included in the cost of the face are the moisturiser I used before hand, and the lip balm I used after as I consider both these products to be skin care. 


This foundation will set you back £7.50 and, although it's a tad too yellow for me,  gives a medium coverage with a really lightweight feel.


This eyeshadow is only £2 - although you need a fluffy brush to get any pigmentation out of it! It's also not very durable - I dropped this seconds after taking the photo. The lid snapped off and the dark brown shade went everywhere! I used the dark brown in my brows, the light brown in my crease, the peach all over, and the light yellow as a highlight under my eyes and on my brow bone.


This liquid eyeliner is £3 and probably my favourite elf product. It's got a really fine brush so you can get a precision line, and is a true black.


This mascara is £4.50, and, although it doesn't do everything it says it will, it's really good at getting length in the lashes without clumping!


Finally to finish the look, this £2 lip liner in the shade Bitter (which matches my nails perfectly!). 



Now, I don't think that's too bad for £19! Let me know if you have a favourite budget brand that you turn too when funds are low.




No comments:

Post a Comment