Tuesday 7 June 2016

The Intimidating TBR Tag

I'm usually pretty good at keeping my TBR low and I hardly ever DNF books, but after my week at Cornerstone I've been left with a pretty hefty TBR pile so I thought it was high time to take on the intimidating TBR tag.

1) A book that I haven't read: 


As you can see I've actually started this book and I really enjoyed what I have read so far. I just need to actually follow its advice before I progress any further!

2) A book I haven't had the time to read:


I love Darling magazine but I tend to preference books over magazines when I grab something to read! I really need to make the time to have a proper flick through this to fully absorb its beauty!

3) A book I haven't finished because it's part of a series: 


I really enjoyed The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, I battled through The Girl Who Played With Fire but, 150 pages in to this book, I was so done with Lisbeth. It felt like she changed everything about her that was great and I wasn't down with that - although it has been over five years since I put this down so I could be remembering incorrectly! I don't think I'll be picking it back up anytime soon...

4) A book I haven't read because it's brand new:


This was one of the many books I got from my time at Cornerstone and I can't wait to sink my teeth into it!

5) A book I haven't read because I don't like other things written by the author:


If you've read this blog for a while you'll know that The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan is one of my all time favourites but, as I don't tend to buy books by authors I don't like I really struggled with this category. However, this book is based on a character from Will Grayson, Will Grayson who I actively disliked, so I'm taking my time in picking this one up. My sister has read it and really enjoyed it, though.

6) A book I haven't been in the mood for: 


One of my reading goals was to read more classics and another was to read more books by women of colour. This book ticks both categories but I simply haven't been in the mood for it!

7) A book I haven't read because it is so big:


This actually isn't the biggest book on my list but it is one that I anticipate will be time consuming and its part of a series, so committing to this book is actually committing to three books!

8) A cover buy that I've yet to read:


I am normally good at reading my cover buys but this has been a big exception! It was second hand, however, so I don't feel so bad about leaving it unloved.

9) The most intimidating book on my TBR:


This book. I am halfway through it and have been for the last two years. I really need to start it over again because I've forgotten most of the plot but it's actually more like reading two stories at once and ahh! It is an intense reading experience, with lots of pull out bits and bobs and notes in the margins - maybe this will be the year I finally finish it!


Look at that stack! Wish me luck - what does your intimidating TBR pile look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment