Monday 24 October 2016

Pumpkin Carving 101

It's Halloween week, and I'm going to try and make sure each post has a Halloween theme (wish me luck). Now, I'm not claiming to be the world's best pumpkin carver - my art skills in general are not renowned for being fab and once I knife gets involved it is never going to go exactly to plan. However, pumpkin carving is something that I've enjoyed my whole life and for the past two years my sister, my best friend, and I have all gathered for a pumpkin carving extravaganza!



Step 1 - cut out the stalk of your pumpkin. Always try to cut angled up slightly, to give your kid more purchase after it has begun to dry out.

Step 2 - get rid of the slime and seeds (making sure to save some for baking later).

Step 3 - scrape out as much of the flesh as you can be bothered to (make sure to save this for pumpkin soup and pie later)

Step 4 - carve away!



It helps in all of these steps if you have wonderful company and a nice atmospheric backing track/film.

Happy Pumpkin Carving!

No comments:

Post a Comment