Tuesday 11 October 2016

#reviewsdaytuesday: NYX HD Concealer

I am forever on the hunt for a good cruelty free under-eye concealer that doesn't crease, vanish, or break the bank, so when I found this I thought I had hit the jackpot. I bought this NYX HD Concealer in the shade 03 about a month and a half ago. For the first fortnight (or even three weeks) I loved it. It was the perfect brightening shade, it applied really nicely, and it barely creased. However, this all changed about two weeks ago when I started noticing it oxidising really quickly on my face.

You can just about tell from these photos (it doesn't show up very clearly on camera) but the first is take 5 seconds after applying and the second about 10 seconds after that:



It goes from this lovely pink-nude colour to a super orange tone that is darker than my skin tone (under my eyes) and looks more like fake tan than brightening concealer! I've still been using it because it seems silly not to, but I can't lie and say that I'm overly impressed.

I do have a theory why this is happening, though. The concealer doesn't travel very well and on the way home from America the lid came free of the applicator, like so:


I think this means that I can't tighten the lid back on as much as I would like, allowing air to get into the product. It should look like this:


This isn't my only NYX concealer this has happened to; I also bought an colour correcting concealer in shade 10 and the same thing happened to it.

So, overall, I like the coverage and the fact that it doesn't crease super badly. It also gets on well with my mascara, so I don't end up with mascara smudge under my eyes. I also like the colour, pre-oxidisation. I'm just a touch disappointed that it travels so poorly - has anyone else had this problem? Please let me know, I can't be the only one!

No comments:

Post a Comment